Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Near Death Experience

Have you ever had a near death experience? I can now say that I have, and let me just say, it was the most frightening experience of my life. I don't want to have another one of those experiences, ever. I was coming home from work on Monday on 730 (between Boyd and Decatur) when I witnessed a head on collision. I was directly behind one of the cars involved, and I nearly missed being in the accident myself. I tried to avoid contact, so I swerved off to the right side of the road. I was going too fast to do something like this, but I thought that it would be a better idea than ramming the guy in front of me in his rear with my car. In doing this, my car swerved, spun, and finally came to a stop in the opposite lane, facing the opposite direction. So, even though I was going north on 730, when it was all said and done, I was facing south on 730. I don't know how it all happened, but I know that there was an angel controlling my car and keeping me safe (I know it wasn't my ability to do so). I firmly do believe that something else was with me at that moment. My car was not involved in the accident, thankfully, but I will never forget that day. I am thankful to God that I am here today because my thoughts during that moment were that my big ol' SUV was going to flip and that I was going to die. I am thankful that the two men involved were not too seriously injured, and I rejoice in the fact that I was not. Praise God, and thank God for his angels - you never know when and where they are going to be.

3 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

thank God you're okay, that is very scary! I glad you are safe and that your anges were watching over you

Erica said...

Melissa...why don't you call & tell me stuff like this? Really.....it wasn't important enough to tell me on the phone!?!? I had to read it on your BLOG!?!?! @@!!! Ok....now i am done whinning...i am so so glad you are ok! I think you're safer in the sub than you think...phew!

Jeff said...

I'm thankful everyone is OK. It's a great reminder of how fast things can change for us.