Thursday, July 30, 2009

change


Why is it so hard to change? We get set in our ways, and we don't want to change a thing even though it would be better to make a change. I struggle with that. I struggle with pride. I don't like to be told I am wrong, and I sure don't like to admit that I need to change. That is my big struggle right now. I need to make some changes, but it is so hard. I am scared of change, but I need it to be healthy (mentally and physically). So, today I begin my quest to change. It seems about as scary as that shark! I am afraid to be defeated.

4 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

the thing I like about change is looking back in the rearview mirror and realzing how much I have actually changed. Not an easy road but very rewarding esp when it makes us a better person in the end

April said...

Good luck on your change! You can do it! No body can go back and start a new beginning but anyone can start today and make a new ending! Who writes your posts Mark or Melissa or both? Are you guys still in Decatur?

Andrea said...

Why do you think making changes is so difficult for us? I'm struggling with it right now too. I'll pray for you.

Jeff said...

I'm speaking for myself but change became easier for me when I finally truly decided to be the person God wants me to be instead of who I think I need to be. That was/is a hard transition because satan wants me to decide who I need to be and the battle is fierce at times.

I'll be praying for you that you will find peace in the midst of change.