Saturday, February 9, 2008

Answered Prayers

I love that song by Garth Brooks 'Unanswered Prayers', but I don't like that it implies that God doesn't answer our prayers - he always answers, but sometimes it is not the answer we want. Well, I am very thankful when God answers the way I want Him to! Only a few of you know that Jacob had a urinary tract infection a few weeks ago. This is something VERY RARE for little boys, especially boys under 5. The doctor was obviously concerned about it and wanted to monitor it very closely. He put him on an antibiotic for 10 days and hoped that the infection was just a result of his body having a virus that it didn't fight off all the way and turned to his kidneys. If the infection was gone, he felt good about it. If the infection was still there, he wanted to do a sonogram of his kidneys to see if there were any cysts on them. The antibiotic cleared the infection, but there was still a trace of protien, so we went ahead and did the sonogram (just for me basically - so that I could be at peace). The sonogram went great, and there is absolutely nothing there to be concerned about! That was a major relief for us - I guess it was just a fluke thing. The next prayer that has been answered (the way we hoped) was that I finally got my Texas certification. At this point it is only a one year certificate, but it is a certificate none the less! They are now "giving me permission" to take the necessary tests in Texas so that I can get my permanent certificate. So, this means that I can get a job - or at least start looking for one! Anyway, those were two really big things to us, so I just wanted to share the joy!

Now...basketball! Morgan's team made it 3 games in the tourn. last weekend. We got killed by a Springtown team in our third game, but they played really well. So, her season is over, but we still have Haleigh. Today her team played a double header, and she scored 18 points in the first game and 10 points in the second game. She is a good ball handler and a great defensive player! She is doing really well, and she loves it a lot. This is a big change from last year when she said that she didn't even want to play anymore. She is also doing ballet - which she just loves too. She is going to be a rabbit in the upcoming program they have. This year they are doing Pocahontas. Her ballet class is also tap dancing, and today was their first time to tap. She had a lot of fun.

There's not really anything else going on right now, and no new pictures....sorry. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I'm thankful for your answered prayers.

I'm thankful I've had two weekends off from sports and have really enjoyed the free time.

The Timberframer's Wife said...

I know you must be soooo relieved. Congratulations on getting your 1-year certificate! Y'all take care!