Saturday, October 6, 2007

Half way there!

My student teaching is going really well so far. I am half way there! The past six weeks have actually flown by pretty fast, and I am glad to say that I really enjoy first grade more than I thought I would. I never thought that I would want to actually teach first grade, but that is where I wanted to do my student teaching because I knew the first grade teachers pretty well and felt comfortable with them. Having said all of that, I really do love first grade. The kids are so sweet, and they really love to come to school. My host teacher was out yesterday, so I got to teach the whole day! It was a lot of work, and I was really tired last night, but it was good to teach all day. Over the next two weeks I have to teach half of the day, and then for weeks 9-12 I have to teach all day, so yesterday was good practice! My clinical supervisor has come to observe me three times and has given me my mid-term evaluation. All three times she has been there have been good - she gives me good marks and comments, so that is nice. She said that she thinks I will be a really good teacher, so that makes me feel really good. Those kinds of things make me feel like all of the hard work I have done over the last two years was worth it. Anyway, now I just need to get caught up on writing my papers that I have to write for school or else I won't be able to graduate, and then all of this work would be pointless!

3 comments:

Jeff said...

There's no doubt you will be a good teacher. I trust God will use you to help kids, parents and teachers in your career.

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

yeah! I know you are ready to be done.

Sorry for the spanking last night from the Chargers to the Broncos! :)
Susan

Jodi said...

I am excited for your teaching! It truly is one of the hardest, most rewarding things... next to Mommyhood! :) You'll be great.

I have been away from blogland, but I just read what you wrote about Haley. What a fantastic Mommy you are... to recognize a need and do whatever it takes to fulfill it. She'll remember that forever too. :)