Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Morning

This is a picture I took after Santa came! I was ready to go to bed...I am becoming a wimpy Santa in my old age. It is hard to wait for the kids to be fast asleep when I want to be fast asleep myself! Morgan discovered last year that Santa is us, and she was really wanting to help up stuff stockings this year. When Mark went to get her up though...well she wast too busy sleeping to care! I guess she decided sleep was better than stuffing stockings! Haleigh (who has a bit more common sense than Morgan) decided that she had the whole Santa thing figured out. So, when she asked me flat out, I couldn't lie to her anymore. She figured it out a lot earlier than Morgan did. Still lots of fun for Jacob though!


Mark's work truck doesn't even have a CD player in it, so we decided to get him an IPOD for Christmas. We got him the Nano since it was $100 cheaper than the others, and we got him an adapter so that he can play it through his truck radio/speakers. He loves it! Yeah for us - he loved something that wasn't fishing stuff! Mark got me a new digital camera and a gift certificate for a day at the spa! He did really good too.

Here are the kids with their new DVD's - this was the year of the 3's (Santa Clause 3, Pirates 3, and Shrek 3). The only one we're still missing is Spiderman 3. Jacob liked his movie, but he decided that Santa didn't read his note and bring him the ONLY GIFT HE ASKED FOR!

Well...he did get that. He wanted this camera so bad; just like his best friend Luke's camera! He has been taking pictures and videos ever since then! He is so proud of the pictures he takes - most of them are of the tv shows he watched!

The girls were wanting a Wii sooooo bad, and we convinced them that they couldn't be found...which was ALMOST true. With much searching and searching and searching, Mark happened to come across one right after they were delivered at a Wal-Mart in Southlake. We were so excited, and we could hardly wait to get it open as well! I have never been a fan of video games because I think the kids can just waste their life away in front of the TV/video game, but this one is truly family friendly and it can really get your heart rate up! I also now have a way to bribe my kids to clean their rooms and finish their chores...you can't play the Wii until that is done! I can beat my whole family in bowling too!


One thing Haleigh was dying to have was some toe socks, and she was so delighted - I love her face - she can get so excited about the simplest things!

We had a great Christmas, but I am glad it's over! The tree has already been taken down and become "structure" in our pond. Hopefully I can catch a great big bass off of it in a couple of years! I hope everyone else had a great Christmas - on to a great new year!

1 comments:

Rick Ross said...

Sounds like Santa was extra-good to the Taylors!