Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day, Broken Dishwasher, and Morgan's Party


I told Mark that all I wanted for Mother's Day was a massage. I knew that he went and bought me a gift certificate because I saw it while I was balancing our checking account online (I love online banking)! So, I told him that I needed it early. So, yesterday after school, I went and enjoyed my Mother's Day gift a few days early! I love Mother's Day. I love spending the whole day with my husband and kids. It is a sad day for us as well because I don't live near my mom and can't spend it with her. But, it is really sad for Mark. He lost his mom 8 years ago. It has been a huge loss for us - one that we cannot even put in words. "They" say time heals all wounds, but I don't think that is true for Mark. He has a big hole inside him that his mother once filled. I don't know that he will ever heal from it. He has times where it is better, but this last couple of years have been especially difficult because he lost his mom's parents. When the died it was like his mother was really gone as well - a big connection to her was gone. So, I will try to make this Mother's Day special for Mark as well as for me. My husband and kids are great - they really do show appreciation for me all year round and not just on Mother's Day. But, Happy Mother's Day to all my friends and my mom! I hope it is a special day for all of you.

My dishwasher broke - well, to be honest, we don't have a dishwasher. It was me that broke! This rental that we are living in has no dishwasher. I didn't think we could live without one, but we have made it. But, like I said, I broke. So...the kids have a new chore. The girls are supposed to wash the dishes every day after school. They hate it as much as I did. They usually make it fun though. They listen to Hannah Montana or some other cd and sing while doing their work. But, Friday, this is what I found...




Morgan had her birthday party last Saturday. We took four of her close friends to the mall in Grapevine. We ate at the food court and went to see the movie Penelope (cute movie by the way). At the food court, there is carousel that the kids wanted to ride. Here are a few pictures of the kids...I'm including Mark in with the group of kids.

Morgan's friend Stormi...she is quite the character.

Mark is wondering if his purse matches his horsie!

The girls aren't laughing at the ride, they're laughing at Mark.

This is why they are laughing at him.

They wanted to take a picture with the Hulk.

Morgan has some great friends, and we had a great day out celebrating her birthday.

3 comments:

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Thanks for your sweet words on my blog. Happy Mother's Day to you, too! Checking your blog and getting your commentary about life in the Taylor family is so encouraging!

Jeff said...

I like your new dishwasher(s).

I can't pretend to imagine the pain people have after losing their mother but I feel certain in Mark's case we see a glimpse of her through him.

34 more days until lift-off.

*Kendra* said...

Happy B-day Morgan! I remember going to see her the night she was born. Yall missed our senior banquet at church so when it was over Nick Stupka (blast from the past!) and I came up to the hospital! Crazy! Happy Mother's Day!