Friday, May 23, 2008

Colorado - Tornado Valley?


When I moved to Texas, I was scared of being hit by a tornado. We had one in 2001 that hit Decatur, and it caused some damage - especially to our church building. My sister called yesterday to see if I'd heard about the tornado in Colorado. I didn't really believe her at first because tornadoes aren't a "Colorado thing". The town of Windsor got hit by a huge tornado. My entire family lives near Windsor in Ft. Collins. If you have seen the pictures or videos you would've seen a tornado that was almost a mile wide. Some good friends of my sister and her husband got hit hard, and their house was destroyed. My parents have a rental house in Windsor that was hit too, but it was not destroyed, thankfully. There is a woman with two children that live in their rental, and right now they are having to stay elsewhere. Please pray for those two families and the others that were hit by this devastating storm.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I've seen enough devastation from a tornado to remind me I don't want to be too close to one. I hope everyone in Colorado is OK.

Jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.