Monday, October 13, 2008

Dreams


Do you ever have really weird dreams? I do all the time. Mark thinks that I am a weirdo when it comes to my dreams. I have had some really weird dreams lately, but I have two dreams that are reoccurring in my life...

1) Big waves crashing over me and sweeping everything away into the ocean (I mean really big, huge, gigantic waves!


2) My teeth are falling out one by one with just a little wiggle on the tooth - and then they just fall out one by one until I am left with a mouth full of nothing!


I actually haven't had the wave dream in quite some time, but I have the tooth dream a lot. It is kind of strange, huh? I was talking with some co-workers today about our dreams, and I brought up my teeth dream. The music teacher told me that his wife has that dream too. So, I turned to the Internet - the answer to all of my strange questions!!! I was glad to find out that a lot of people have this dream, so I'm not as crazy as I thought I was :) Anyway, I found that my dream may mean a lot of things. It could mean a fear of failure or embarrassment, insecurity about finances, fear of abandonment, fear of change, or a fear of transition. Very interesting. My dream about waves represents anxiety and stress - you would think that I would have that dream nightly (if you know me very well at all). I guess my anti-anxiety meds help keep that dream from entering my mind while I sleep! Do you guys have strange dreams, or is it just me?

6 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

I have strange dreams all the time. Last night I had a dream that I caught my mom smoking pot!

Erica said...

weird! i have the teeth one all the time...not the wave one though. and your photos do not help at all!

Anonymous said...

I have dreams about trying to run away from someone -- usually a male figure that I don't know. I guess I'm running from The Man. The other night in this dream, Jason was there to help me figure out how to get away. : ) Which of you Freud's wants to diagnose me?

Jeff said...

I have this dream where a giant clown explodes out of a ball and he has this yellow strip running down the middle of his head with an ax sticking out the top of it. He's carrying a pacifier and a large caliber gun and he keeps putting the pacifier in the gun and laughing uncontrollably.

OK, I made all that up because I don't have any recurring dreams and really don't think I have many dreams at all.

Melissa Taylor said...

I'm glad you made it up - I was starting to really question your sanity!

Mary said...

That's funny, I have three different recurring dreams:
1. Being caught out in a tornado and having to hold onto something to keep from being blown away.
2. Running tirelessly for a really long time and always thinking in my dream that I need to do this more often.
3. Driving my car like I'm in a car video game - I drive off overpasses and just land and keep going.