Friday, November 2, 2007

I got a job!

I got a job at the school where I am doing my student teaching. It is not a teaching job, but it is a foot in the door! I am going to be an aide for an autistic student in kindergarten. I already know the little boy, so he is already comfortable with me. That is good! I already know the teacher pretty well too - it is my good friend Deena Jordan. I am pretty excited about getting in the school. There is a second grade teaching job available pending enrollment. Once 3 more second graders come, the classes are all full. So, what I need is for you guys to pray that 3 more second graders move in! If that happens, there is a really good chance that I could land a teaching job before the year is over! Just wanted to share the news - only 2 weeks left for my student teaching! Woo-hoo.

2 comments:

Erica said...

that is superb mel!

Jeff said...

Congratulations! We all know you will do a great job.