Saturday, November 17, 2007

Last Days

I haven't posted in so long - too busy. Here is a really cute picture of Jacob and Lightning. Jacob wants me to take his picture all the time with the dog. He just loves him so much! Just had to put this picture on. (Jacob's hair looks like that because he had just taken a bath)

Thursday was my last day to work at The Learning Ladder (where I work after school in the homework room). There weren't very many kids there on Thursday, but here are a few pictures with some of my favorite little people. This is a group of the kindergarten and 1st graders that were there. They are so cute, huh?


Here are the 2nd and 3rd graders that were there - they are a handful.


They wanted to take a silly picture too!



Here are the 4th and 5th graders (hardly any there on Thursday).
There are normally way more, and you gotta love them too.



Friday was my last day in my classroom. Here is my host teacher (the best teacher ever), and here are the kiddos in the class (2 are absent). They are so stinking sweet. They had a going away party for me this week, and all the kids made me a card and they gave me a huge box of classroom goodies like stickers, dry erase markers, post it notes, staplers, paperclips, pointers, bulletin board decorations, and so much more. Hopefully I can use them soon!




Silly picture...

...and yet another silly picture! Why do all kids want to take silly pictures?


These are just some of my favorite people in all the world - it is killing me to have to leave them. However, I start my new job Monday. They got me funded as a special ed aide as well as an instructional aide (since I am highly trained now)! I get to work as a reading interventionists for kindergarten, first, and second graders. This will be good training for me, but VERY little pay. Anyway, a foot in the door is a foot in the door. Also, I talked to the principal on Friday and they are going to interview me for a second grade job. As of Friday, the second grade is FULL! My friend Tera said I must have pretty powerful prayers! Anyway, they are going to open up another second grade class, and my interview is Thursday, November 29th at 8:30 a.m. So, I need you guys to pray again - really, really hard! I would love to have this job!
Anyway...done with student teaching, yeah!





3 comments:

Erica said...

wow...that is fantastic mel! A job...and a teaching job interview all just as you finish up..fab! And jacob...in that pix...looks just like morgan!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeff said...

You will be a fantastic teacher. I will offer up a prayer for you confident that God will find a way.