Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanksgiving

Thanks to all of you that prayed for me for my interview - I feel like it went well, but you never know about that stuff! Anyway, the principle said that he is needing to make a decision before Dec. 20th (the next school board meeting) so that they can make a recommendation to the board. There are a couple other qualified people also interviewing, so we'll see!

Now, I have been too busy to write about Thanksgiving. I have been thinking about truly being thankful...I don't say the word thank you nearly enough, and I really want to work on that. I expect my children to use the words all the time, but I don't know that I set such a great example of that. So, I wanted to make a list of at least 10 things I am truly, truly thankful for in my life. Here goes:

1. I am thankful for God's plan for my life - I can only imagine where I'd be if it wasn't for God's hand guiding me! I would never had gone to Harding, never of heard about Camp Deer Run, never met Mark at CDR, etc. He had a plan for me from the beginning, and I never thought it would include living in Texas, but like they say, God works in mysterious ways!

2. I am thankful for my husband - he is truly the other half of me. Morgan told me yesterday that we are just perfect for each other even though we argue about stupid stuff (like me not being able to drive at night)! I can't imagine going through life without him - I just love him so much.

3. I am thankful for shelter - can you imagine living without it? The rental we are living in right now is only about 1100 square feet, but it is so much nicer than most of the places I saw in Brazil last summer. I am so thankful that I have a place to live - something I take for granted all the time but am truly thankful for.

4. I am thankful for my children - I know several people that struggle to conceive, and I am so thankful that I was not in that position. God has truly blessed me and Mark with three beautiful, amazing, and wonderful children...they are the light of my life.

5. I am thankful for my health - not only for my health but that of my family. I see the special needs children at school every day, and I cannot imagine living without sight, hearing, or the ability to walk. I am thankful for my legs, my arms, my sight, my hearing, my health! I am thankful that the most traumatic health issue we have had in my family is that Jacob had to have two sets of tubes instead of only one! We are truly blessed.

That's the first five, and the post is getting quite lengthy. I need to get my kids in the shower, so I will write the next five soon! Thanks again for your prayers for my interview!

1 comments:

Jeff said...

We do have so much to be thankful for. Thank you for the reminder.