Monday, March 24, 2008

Brazil

I said I would be talking about Brazil! Two summers ago I joined a group of 30 people from our church on a mission trip to Brazil. We are going again! I think there are 30 of us again, and I am really looking forward to the trip. We will be going in June for 10 days. I am planning the VBS again for the kids, and it seems like this year will be even bigger and better! We may have the opportunity to see 600 kids in a three day period! This is huge for us, and it makes me a little nervous but very excited. This is what I want to ask you to pray for ----that we will have this opportunity. Our missionary in Aracaju, Randy Warzecha, is working very hard to get this chance for us. He is working with two schools in Aracaju to see if we can do our VBS at their school. They have to request permission from the department of education for us to do VBS at the schools. Doing it at the schools will allow us to see so many more children, and they will not have to find (pay for) transportation to come to VBS. This is huge - we are talking about seeing 600 kids instead of 60. Please pray that permission will be granted for us - the schools are willing, so we are needing permission from the government! Please pray for the mission trip to be a huge success and that God will work through us to bring many people to the School of the Bible in Aracaju.

5 comments:

Erica said...

hey.....i didn't forget...I'll get you some coin this week.

Jodi said...

Yay! What a great opportunity! I will definitely be praying for your trip...

Love the Easter pics. Your kids are SO big... Morgan especially looks so grown up in her Easter outfit! Amazing... they get too big too fast!

*Kendra* said...

So glad Kelsey is going this year. I'd love to do something like that. Cute easter pics too, by the way!

Jeff said...

I'm excited about the opportunities we are going to have this year.

Erica said...

did you forget about your blog????