Sunday, April 13, 2008

To answer my sister's question...

No...I didn't forget about my blog. Just busy. I hate life being busy. I never thought that I would get to that point in my life...too busy. I like keeping busy, but too busy isn't good. Morgan's volleyball season is finally over. They had their tournament this weekend. Morgan played awesome on Friday night. They won their first game but lost their second one. They were supposed to play on Saturday morning but they were going to be short two of their players and another had a badly sprained ankle. They were still going to play with only 5 but Morgan ended up getting sick. She woke up Saturday morning with a stomach bug, so they had to forfeit their game and they were out of the tournament. Bummer, but we are glad to be done. When I say "WE" I mean me and Mark! It is hard doing sports every weekend. Anyway, here are the few pictures I had on my camera to share for right now. Haleigh took a few pictures with my camera, and these are the pictures that I found. She is OBSESSED with Webkinz right now. Here is her close up of her kangaroo Webkin.

Here is Haleigh and Lynzee (a friend of ours). This was their self portrait at church 2 weeks ago.

Every 5th Sunday of the year (I think there are 4 of them a year), our church has morning service, a potluck, and then young men's worship in the afternoon instead of evening worship. Jacob has started participating in the young men's service, and these are a few pictures of his song leading. He wanted to do it all by himself, but once he was up there he got a little nervous. He brought up his book, set it down on the podium, and then he went to announce the song number. He pulled the microphone down to his mouth to say the number and it was really loud. He got embarrassed so then he tried to say it letting go of the microphone - then it was too quiet. He looked to Mark for what to do, and I thought he was going to run! Mark had to go up and help him. He led Jesus Loves Me, and he did so good. He looked so big.



The pictures didn't turn out too well - the lighting wasn't great for taking pictures. We were so proud of him though. He is growing up so fast, and he will be a great song leader some day!
Some of you have been asking about my special little kindergarten student. We have been spending our time in the "quiet room" or permanent in school suspension. He has been doing really well. We were progressing and he was even about to go back to his regular classroom, but he had a "relapse". The school psychologist thought that he self sabotaged because he was anxious about going back. Anyway, we are working our levels again, and hopefully by Friday he can return to his classroom. It is no fun with me! I had another boy from 2nd grade join us for 2 days while he was serving ISS, and I had him crying by 8:15 the first day! He also made himself throw up, but we came to terms with our arrangement, and now he is back in his class! They tell me I'm mean :) I like it. This week I will be talking to the assistant principal about a teaching job that is open for next year, so please pray for me! Other than all of that, there is not a whole lot more interesting things going on. We are going to be taking our new (new to us) camper out this weekend, so hopefully all will go well there!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Fun! I wish we had a new-to-us camper! Enjoy!

Love the song leading pics. Too sweet. ;)

Jeff said...

Have fun in the camper. Maybe you can take your school friend with you.

The Timberframer's Wife said...

The song leading pictures were sweet. I'll be praying about the job opening there. Yea about the VBS situation in Brazil! More to pray about, huh? I love checking your blog--y'all are a little ahead of us time-wise, so I can see what we have to look forward to with our three. Y'all take care!

Erica said...

so are you coming up here this summer or what? tell haleigh i didn'dt forget about her & Jacob looks like a big boy!