Monday, June 2, 2008

a million things to do...

I haven't posted in so long, but like my title says, I have a million things to do!  I have a million pictures too of things that have been going on.  I will post them really soon.  We are 13 days away from leaving for Aracaju, Brazil.  I am getting excited and anxious.  I am sad to leave my husband and my kids for that long, but I am really excited about going back to Brazil.  Morgan will be at camp anyway, and I won't even see her until 2 days after I get back :(  A few things have happened lately, we are losing one day of VBS - and it was our "big day" of 240 possible kids.  The school wasn't wanting us to transport their students but they wouldn't let us use their building either.  So, we lose that (bummer).  However, Randy (missionary) said that another class of 28 students wants to come.  I hate to lose the 240, but I am thankful to add the 28!  We are dealing with some luggage issues too - we can take 70 lbs. per bag on American Airlines, but we can only have a TOTAL of 50 lbs. for our flights in Brazil (from Rio to Aracaju).  This presents a little bit of a problem since we are carrying a number of supplies for VBS and our retreat.  Hopefully everyone can take a few extra baggies worth of goodies/supplies in their suitcase to make it work!


Jeff Jones (one of the missions deacons and fellow member of the trip) set up a blog to keep our friends and families informed while we are gone.  I am really excited about this because it will mean that everyone can check our daily work and progress (except for the few days that we are away from the internet)!  Look on the left side of my blog titled "Blogs I Read" - the very first one is the link to the blog.  Check it frequently while we are gone, and continue to pray for our trip.

I will post personal blog stuff in a couple of days once SCHOOL GETS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Your trip is in my prayers. It was so good to see y'all last week--I wish we could've really had a good visit! Y'all take care!

Jeff said...

The 50 lb. thing is getting really tricky for me. That's two days worth of my clothes.

I'm like you...I am not happy about leaving my family for that long (missing my wife's and son's birthdays too) but am excited about what we will do and the lives we will touch in Aracaju.