Thursday, July 31, 2008

New post...mostly old stuff!

These pictures and events are old, but I am finally getting around to them! Most of them took place early in the summer.

Morgan and Katie (middle) went to camp together this year. It was the first time for both to go for a two week session. This girl on the left is a friend they made at camp. It's funny because her mom and Katie's uncle dated in high school - small world, huh! I love this picture because it shows how tall Katie is. She is only 9 months older than Morgan and the same age as the girl on the left! Perhaps we will see her in the WNBA one day! Her dad told me the other day that she is 5'10" (and she'll be in 7th grade this year).

Here is Morgan's counselor. Morgan and her are about the same height!

After picking Morgan up from camp on Friday, we spent the night at Mark's dad's house in Mesquite and got to go to tour his plant at work. We didn't get to see any important government planes (like Air Force 1), but we did get to see what Pop Pop does. He is much cooler than I once thought he was. After touring the plant, we went to our favorite restaurant of all times - Ta Molly's. Here is a picture of our sweet nephew Jack. If you want to know what Mark looked like as a kid, just look at Jack. This is Mark's sisters son.

Our niece Lauren had these cool "Mr. Potato Head" classes. Jacob loved them.




This picture is funny - cousins, but very different! They have the same hair cut, the same blue eyes, the same freckles (well, let's be honest, does anyone have as many freckles as my sweet Haleigh). But...they don't really look like cousins, do they?

How to know when Haleigh is sick...

How to know when Haleigh is feeling much better...



Haleigh is quite the character. I told her it was a good thing that she was wearing bloomers so that I could take her picture like this. Why was my child wearing bloomers anyway? Only Haleigh! Jacob thought this was quite hysterical - he came running in the house laughing so hard and yelling "you have to come look at Haleigh", so I grabbed my camera because I knew it would be good!

We are headed to Lake Texoma for our annual church trip! Can't wait to spend three days outside during the hottest weekend of the summer so far :)

Oh, and in case you're wondering, I am now officially a grand juror for Wise County for the next 6 months. It is not easy to get out of that one! Interesting stuff...but of course, I cannot tell you anything!!!!

1 comments:

Jeff said...

Have fun in the heat and congrats on the Grand Jury duty. I did my time recently. Someone at our church is turning in names but I don't know who it is. When I went, 2 other church members were supposed to be there but didn't show up.