Wednesday, April 16, 2008

American Idol and other random thoughts...

I am going to try and be better about blogging - not always with pictures though (unless I have some on my camera)! It took Mark a LONG TIME to convince me to get DVR on our tv, but now I cannot imagine life without it. In fact, I want it on the tv in my room too. That way, Mark could watch his endless hours of fishing shows while I watch my endless hours of reality tv. I remember when my dad was telling me about the concept of Survivor and how weird I thought a show like that would be. I never did watch Survivor, but I am a reality tv junkie. Anyway, I record so many reality shows that sometimes they overlap. The drawback to DVR - if you are recording two things at one time, you have to have your tv on one of those channels in order for it to record two things at one time. I guess I didn't do that last night, and American Idol didn't record - oh no. I understand that Mariah Carey was the "mentor" last night. I don't care for her a great deal, but I did want to see the contestants sing. I missed it. I don't even know who did well or who messed up. I did see who got kicked off of Dancing With the Stars though and According to Jim. I need to go back and reset my prioritizer so that AI gets recorded first.

I joined Weight Watchers 11.4 pounds ago. I have many pounds to lose, but it is just hard to change old habits. I have hit a period in my "walk" that I have become frustrated. I sure like the old junkie foods that I once ate (and sometimes still do). I am lacking motivation. I would sure like to gain some self control - why is that so hard? It's good that I am not a drug addict - I can't even beat a food habit!

5 comments:

Jeff said...

I'm right there with you on both topics. I really like having a DVR and did go ahead and get one in the bedroom too. As your kids get older, you'll find they are trying to record shows while you are trying...it's just easier to spend a few more bucks a month instead of hanging them by their toenails for recording their show instead of yours.

I've done a poor job of walking this week but have stuck with it pretty well for the past several months. I haven't lost much weight but have lost some inches and feel better for it. Stick it out, especially when it gets tough. I'll be praying for you.

Erica said...

oh, my gosh...you are SO dramatic! 11 lbs is quite an accomplishment...just keep it up. since i am doing ww now you should call me daily & we can motivate each other. i just found out that wendy's salads aren't too good for ya. the chili is though. and progresso makes 0 point soups!

TIvo...dvr...whatever it is...I LOVE IT. how have you NOT had it? And you had a wii?!?! Looney bird. dupiece watches Ai..me not..but I have all the dramatic shows & martha daily!

Jodi said...

LOVE me some DVR... we're like y'all in that we don't know how we lived without it!

As for your WW, 11 pounds rocks! Good for you! I can't seem to ditch my holiday weight no matter what I do. That 10 lbs sure was easy to put ON though!!!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

WW has really blessed my life! And it works, that is what I love the best.

Keep up the hard work!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Great job on the 11 lbs.--each step counts. I sure am glad that Jacob is okay after his spill into the lake--I totally believe God's angels watch specially careful over our little ones, especially now that we have a boy. And... excellent thoughts on cutting out waste in our lives! That's been big on my mind lately, too. Oh, I, too, am deathly afraid of mice--not snakes or spiders, just mice. Y'all take care!