Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy Birthday to Morgan Anne

Morgan's Birthday is Friday, May 2 - she will be 11 years old.


Ten Things I Love About Morgan Anne Taylor:

1. She is very selfless. She did not get this quality from me! She is (almost) always thinking of others before herself (Haleigh would be the one to disagree).

2. She loves God. Every night before bed, Morgan can be found on her bed reading her Bible and taking notes from what she is reading. We didn't tell her to start doing this, she just does it!

3. She is very smart. She didn't get this from me either! She works very hard at school, and her grades and TAKS scores reflect this. She is really committed to being a great student. Maybe someday it will translate into an academic scholarship for those rising college costs!

4. She is beautiful - both inside and out. She has that tall, skinny, and blonde thing going on, but her heart is what makes her really beautiful. Her heart is caring, compassionate, loving, and giving.

5. She changed my life - she made me a mommy - the best job ever. 11 years ago I gave birth to my first child. Things were never the same for me after that! She brought a different meaning to my life. I was now responsible for anther human being. I didn't have a clue what I was doing, so I sure am glad she has turned out as well as she has!

6. She is a great friend - her friends know that she is one that they can rely on. She is there for her friends to laugh with, cry with, talk to, etc. They can always depend on her! She just had a call the other night from a friend who needed a shoulder to cry on - and she just listens. She is so sweet!


7. Her laugh - it is goofy as can be, but it is contagious and sincere. She laughs at Haleigh and Jacob all the time. And, once you get her laughing, it is hard to make her stop. When she was younger, like up to 2 years ago, she would pee her pants if you got her laughing hard enough:)


8. Her questions - she asks questions that make me think differntly. She has always been curious about EVERYTHING - some things sooner than I would like, but curioius none the less. I decided a long time ago that whatever she asked I would try my best to answer (age appropriately, if you know what I mean). She never has stopped asking, and I hope she never does.


9. Her maturity - she seems so mature for her age (in her thinking). She doesn't really get into all of the things that other girls her age do...at least not for now, but I really don't see her being like those other girls anyway. She has been asked out by a boy three times now, and she just replies with the "My parents don't let me until I am 16" comment. Our goal for Morgan is that people see her as different from the world since that is what God calls us to be.


10. She is the best part of Mark - I often say that her and Mark are exactly alike. I guess that's why I like her so much...she reminds me of him. All the things I love the most about her are the same things I love about him. In fact, the things I listed in this blog are all things I love about Mark. It is nice to have a big part of him alive in her.


Happy birthday to my beautiful daughter Morgan - she brings joy to my life, and I am proud to be her mom.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

What a great tribute to your daughter. I hope her birthday/is was wonderful.

I'm still going with the "no dating until she's 30" with my daughter.

Jodi said...

What a sweet sweet blessing of words for Morgan from Mommy. Can't believe how big she is!