Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day of School

We had a big day today - the first day of school! Everyone was up bright and early, eager to get off to school. We all had a good day and a good start to the school year! The class that I am doing my student teaching has a couple of rowdy kids! I will surely be challenged by a couple of little first graders. Things went really well for everyone today.

Here is a picture of the three most beautiful children in the whole world on their first day of school!



Here is my big 5th grader! She was quite nervous this morning about finding her home room, getting her locker, etc. When her and Mark got there they found out that her schedule had been slightly changed. She had a new home room teacher! Her rotation of teachers stayed the same, and she was happy because she has more friends in the new home room! She got her locker, and she even worked her combination! She was worn out, and she is already in bed (@7:30 p.m.)!

Haleigh was all ready for 2nd grade. She thought she was really cool because she got to go down the hallway before the rest of the kids since I had to be there early. She really likes her teacher. She knew her from last year because she was her Battle of the Books coach. She is very young - as you can see from her picture - she looks like she's still in high school!

Jacob was really excited to go to pre-school too. He wore his "basketball" outfit and had his Lighting McQueen lunch box. I don't know if you can really tell from this picture, but his Star Wars backpack is about the same size as him! He had a great day at The Learning Ladder! I get to see him when I get to my paying job in the afternoon - I work the homework room at The Learning Ladder. His teacher is the owner (Anna), and I would like to ask for you to pray for her and her husband right now. He has been fighting cancer for some time now, but they got a bad report from the doctor today. His cancer has returned, and he will be starting chemo. tomorrow. Please keep them in your prayers.


Anyway, we all had a good day today. Hopefully everyone will enjoy this school year and learn a lot - even me!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Tell Morgan, Christina and Jacob that I hope they had a good day of school. Tell Christina that I know her teacher and will be telling Ms. Renfro to keep a close eye on her this year.

Bev Ross said...

I am praying for you, Melissa! This will be a year rich in memories!

Erica said...

Ok....Jacob & Carson really do look alike...alot! Morgan has a locker? Is she in middle school in 5th grade???

Jeff said...

We survived our first day as well. Of course, I thought I had the picture with the most beautiful kids in the whole world. :)

The Brown Family said...

Oh MY LANDS - Mark Taylor has a 5th grader! I am feeling super old! Hey Mark, Rebekah Brown (formerly Dean) here. I am so glad that I found your family's blog. It's good to see that your family is doing well. Good luck with new jobs and new grades this year.