Friday, August 24, 2007

Time of Change


We have been very fortunate with our children in school to be blessed with wonderful educators (for the most part). We had our first bad experience last year, but that problem was resolved. Anyway, I love teachers. I think that they have one of the most important jobs in the world. I am thankful that my girls have been influenced by some amazing women over the years. Some of their teachers have been members of our church which is an amazing blessing. Tonight we met Haleigh's teacher, and Tuesday night we met Morgan's teachers (she has three this year). We will be meeting Jacob's pre-school teachers from The Children's Place (at our church) next Tuesday night. He will be attending the school district day care M, W, and F where his teacher will be Anna Nicholas (from our church). I am so thankful that while he will be out of my daily care at home during my student teaching that he will be with christian women. What a peace of mind that will give me! Having said all of this, I would like to ask that you, as my friends and family, would offer up a prayer on behalf of my children and their teachers. Morgan is nervous about starting at a new school with many new things such as lockers, changing between classes, 3 teachers, etc. Haleigh is going to be at her school by herself without Morgan for the first time. Jacob will no longer be with me during the day, which will be a big change for him. I just ask that you pray for their time of change and that they will be comfortable in their new environments. Pray for me and Mark as well since we are both going through big changes too. Mark began his new job 2 weeks ago, and he really seems to like it so far - an answered prayer. I will be starting my student teaching on Monday - I am a little nervous. Please pray that I will learn a lot and be able to do a good job. Thanks in advance for your prayers.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

You will be in my prayers as you begin this new time of your lives. Your family is a blessing to so many of us and I know God will bless you as you face new opportunities.

Jodi said...

I always pray for students and teachers on this night... right before school starts! And you have BOTH in your house! So consider it... done! I know you will love student teaching. It is a TON of work, but the best training in the world. I don't know how those teachers do it that never did student teaching. So keep us posted, ok? :) Best wishes to all of you guys through lots of changes!!