Wednesday, August 1, 2007

All about Morgan



We recently celebrated Morgan's 10th birthday at The Olive Garden. I cannot believe that she is 10. It just seems like yesterday that she was born...I know that everyone says that, but it really is true. I am really proud of her. she is really such a sweet young lady. We took a few of her friends out to eat and to see a movie. She only wanted to invite three friends - 2 could go, 1 was grounded! At least she has her brother and sister to go too! That is how Morgan is - she is "friends" with a lot of people, but she really only has a few close friends that she wanted to come.


They came and sang to her - she was horrified. She wouldn't stand up, so they sang to her while she just sat there blushing! She is so shy at times.




Here she is with her dog Tanner. Sadly, Tanner was killed on Memorial Day. Morgan has such a tender heart, and she was completely devistated. She cried hysterically - similar to the way she cried when her goldfish she had won at the fair died several years ago. What can I say, she has a heart that loves all people and things!



Here she is (#2) playing basketball. Mark has coached her since kindergarten. She loves having him as her coach. They are SO MUCH ALIKE.





This is when we were in Colorado for Christmas. She is such a little daredevil. Many people may not know that about her, but she loves a good thrill. She was a nut on the sled. The first picture is her with my little sister.


Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone get to know Morgan a little better. She really is a real joy in my life. We were so young when we had her - I was 21 (almost 22) and Mark was 24. We had no idea what we were doing, so I think God blessed us with a sweet daughter. She has such a good heart - always thinking of others. She is a true leader with her friends. She is so smart - straight A's. So loving, so caring...everything I could ever want in a daughter. She is following in her dad's footsteps...she loved Camp Deer Run. She went for her second time this summer. She was best camper (in her age group) for first session. We were really proud of that. She is just a real joy, and I wanted everyone to know how proud I am of her and how much I love her - and love being her mom.


I will write about Haleigh and Jacob too - soon.


Just a little picture of us a long time ago in one of those photo booths...isn't she cute?


3 comments:

Connor, Kaylee, Tripp, Thatcher, and Truett said...

Melissa,
Wow! It has been so long. I am so glad you found me. I cannot believe you guys have a ten year old. Man, how time flies. You guys look great and your kids are beautiful. I am going to enjoy getting to check out your blog and catch up with you both. It seems like forever ago when you were my counselor in W5. That was such a great summer. Love you, Kaylee

Erica said...

Awww, Morgan, Morgan, Morgan....you never say too much so noone knows what a precious little gem you are sweety! You should send me & Emma letters so we can send them back to you! We miss you guys so much already! Come visit us for halloween or something.!

Anonymous said...

Melissa -
I have read this entry over and over again, and it just continues to touch my heart. What a beautiful young lady...