Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Another year older...


Today is my birthday. Why is it that birthdays just aren't as exciting as you get older? Morgan was saying that we have no fun on our birthdays when we are "older". We don't have a special party, no special cake with our favorite movie or cartoon character on it, and we don't get a stack of presents like kids do. I told her it's because we don't want anyone to know that we are getting older! I don't feel as old as I am (33), but I don't feel as young as I once did. Sometimes I feel old because most of my friends that are in their 30's have younger children than I do. What is it about growing older that we don't like? It's not like being 33 is old, but my kids think it is!!! It's not like I have dentures and a hospital bed yet! Anyway, I'm proud to be another year older because maybe it means that I'm another year wiser!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you SHOULD have a party with an Animaniacs cake and a stack of presents. If so, please invite me. Happy birthday, Mel!!

Jeff said...

Happy belated birthday. You're one year closer to retirement!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

happy belated birthday! hope you had a wonderful day

susan

Bev Ross said...

Happy, happy birthday! I pray that the Lord will bless you wildly in the coming year!

Mary said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I have been behind on reading everybody's blogs, so it was nice to have several to catch up on this morning. I love reading your blog - it's always so encouraging, and it is so evident that you are striving to lead a Godly life and be a Godly example to your kids. I'll be praying for you as your new job starts up.