Sunday, August 31, 2008

The latest with the kids...

Morgan doesn't really care to wear pj's anymore - she wears a tank top and her basketball shorts to bed. We were gathering in the living room the other night for our nightly Bible study, and this is what Morgan was wearing (her usual).


Haleigh, who normally wears her High School Musical pj's, came out looking quite similar to someone else in the family! The funny thing about all of this - Haleigh would NEVER admit to wanting to be like Morgan, but she really does want to be like her!
Here is a picture of the two of them together :) Morgan acts like she's annoyed by it, but I think that she likes it that Haleigh looks up to her.


And, of course, Haleigh always has to give us a funny picture to bribe her with later in life!

Jacob has been learning to read...he loves to read his little readers, and he especially likes to do it looking like Spiderman. As soon as I tried to take a video of him reading he got embarrassed, so you can't hear him read. He is pretty good though - he will be ready for kindergarten next year!

Jacob has been doing a great job leading d song during our young men's worship services. I finally took a video. The sound is bad, but you can kind of get the picture! He wanted to lead Blue Skies and Rainbows, but it is not in the book, so he just introduced it, took a deep breath, and started. I am sorry that you will also hear my voice - I didn't think about it until half way through and then decided not to sing...just listen to him, please! He did a great job, and we are so proud of him.

Have a great (long) weekend!

5 comments:

Erica said...

From Emma: Jacob was so cute when he was singing the song. The girls looked just alike with those clothes.

From Carson: um, what did jacob sing? Come Visit us

From ERica: I wish morgan & Haleigh & Jacob would call more & talk to us....vice versa

our good friend Dan Hass...his sister was killed friday by a semi who ran a red light. and dan is super close to her son....so he is all uspet as he shoudl be. but got me thinking if I am close nough to my neices/nephew

Jeff said...

I always enjoy our 5th Sunday services. Jacob was great and the spontaneous laughter reminded me of an older male Taylor.

Bev Ross said...

I LOVE family day - for many reasons but one of which is to watch our young ones gain confidence at the microphone. How precious! Jacob did a great job! I am so proud of you and Mark! Yea!

Jodi said...

GREAT video! Your kids are so great!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on finishing the first week... complete with a long weekend! Love how that works out...

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!