Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Brazil - Day 2

We had our first day of VBS and had two sessions today. I wish I could post some pictures - the kids were great. We had a good turn out, but not as many kids as we thought. Tomorrow morning we could have 125, so that will be interesting. The School of the Bible is not a big building, so it makes for a tight/hot environment. We had about 35 kids in the first session and 60 in the second session. I think a good time was had by all! We are all having a great time though. The rest of the group went on a singing campaign downtown and passed out flyers and made contacts. We are all doing well - just got back from dinner (not the best food, but we are managing)! We are about to have our nightly devo. and hopefully head off for some much needed rest.

I miss you Mark and wish you could be here to do this with me. I know you would love it. Haleigh, I hope you had a great time at volleyball camp. Hopefully you are becoming a master server! Jacob, I actually miss having you to sleep with. I didn´t think I would miss having you all in my space, but I do! Keep my spot warm for me. I hope you are having a lot of fun with Sarah. I miss you all a lot. When you go see Morgan this weekend, tell her I love and miss her too. Be good. I love you guys.

2 comments:

Melissa Taylor said...

I'm glad things are going well - God is truly powerful. Well, when I picked up Haleigh and Jacob today they were in the front yard with Emily in swimwear and mud all over. Jacob (AGAIN!) had on a pair of borrowed PANTIES!!! Sarah put him in those and some of Emily's shorts so he wouldn't mess up his clothes. (I SAY MESS UP THE CLOTHES INSTEAD OF CREATING A CROSSDRESSER!!!) Anyway, Haleigh is doing great at V-ball camp - she said she was "Camper of the Day" and Jacob is simply Jacob. We all miss you and I will read the blog to them as soon as they come in from playing. I did send Morgan an email. I love you so much and can't wait for you to return.

Love, Mark

Erica said...

sounds like it's going great....I miss you too ;)