Thursday, June 5, 2008

Catching Up...!! (Part 1)

I am going to catch up over the next couple of days on blogging. I still have the CDR 50th reunion to talk about and post pictures from. Anyway...this first picture shows Jacob's new hair cut. I told Mark and Jacob it was time to cut their hair the other night, and Jacob informed me that he wanted a bald head. I told him I would cut it short first and see if he liked it - hoping that he would like it and not want to go bald. Well, I buzzed it with a size "1", he hopped up to look at it in the mirror and said "nope, don't like it - shave it". So, I decided to put on the "blender" attachment which made it a little bit shorter than a size 1. He hopped up to look in the mirror and said "nope, don't like it - shave it"! Well, I didn't shave it because I didn't want him to look too goofy, so after a long argument, I won and it didn't get shorter. He still wants a bald head though!

Haleigh finds monarch caterpillars in the big field behind our house and "raises" them. She brings in milkweed every couple of days and watches their growth process carefully. Here is the one she found this year...

...and the end result a few weeks later!


We had "Battle of the Books" at school last Friday. Haleigh was on the lime green team. Her team didn't do real well. They missed 6 questions, so they didn't place. Haleigh's age did real well and only missed one question, but the "intermediate" level kids missed 5. She had a lot of fun though, and it makes reading all of those books fun! Here is her team coming in to the gym.
Haleigh and her friend were on the same team this year.

Haleigh's team and coach (Deena). She was excited to be on Deena's team this year.

Yesterday was the last day of school for the kids. Haleigh's teacher handed out a variety of awards. Haleigh got perfect attendance (for the 6th 6 weeks), A honor roll (6th 6 weeks and all year), Rigorous Writer award, Brain Buster award, and Most Valuable Classmate award. This last one was sweet because the class got to vote on who they thought deserved it. Isn't that nice? We were really proud of her.


Haleigh, Miss Renfro, and one of Haleigh's best friends and classmate.

Some more classmates...


Morgan got invited to a birthday party last weekend in which they got to ride in a limo to Joe's Crab Shack. Here is a picture of the girls in front of the limo.

Getting in the limo...Morgan is so swift her hair is blowing...she was too excited!
A shot from inside.
I guess that's enough for today. School is out now, so I should be able to post more often. At least until I leave for Brazil! I will get the CDR pictures up soon.

4 comments:

Erica said...

well, at least you won't have to cut jacobs hair again for the summer eh?

Of course Haleigh won best kid in class...what else did you expect?

Morgan....she looked excited! Did they have fun? And do you make her wear long shorts like I do emma? So you can't see her bum when she wears the short ones? Drives me nuts you can't find medium length.

Melissa Taylor said...

Old Navy has some good long shorts. But, yeah, they aren't allowed to wear short shorts - unlike some of the girls in that pic! They had a ball - she wants a limo for her next b-day.

Erica said...

hey...diggin the new background...how do I get one?

Jodi said...

Great pics! I just adore your family. Susan is supposed to send me pics of ya'll from camp... somehow I didn't get any on my camera. Guess I was relying on hers! But that is why you guys weren't on my blog.... but I LOOOOOOVED seeing you all. Y'all are so very special to me! Send Haleigh my way!!! :)