Thursday, June 26, 2008

Finally Home!!!!!

Well, we made it. Our 24 hours of travel ended yesterday!!!!!! I slept in my own bed last night, and I slept really hard. I had some crazy dreams, too. Anyway, our trip was pretty uneventful (comparing it to our journey home two years ago). Our plane from Aracaju to Rio was crazy with turbulence, but we landed just fine. Our plane from Rio to Miami was about 1 1/2 hours delayed because the flight crew was stuck in traffic on the way to the airport. That irritated me (imagine that). So...that caused some issues in Miami. We had it set up to where we would have just enough time in Miami do get off the plan, go through the entry into the U.S. process, get our bags, go through customs, re-check our bags, go through security, and board our next flight. Needless to say, this takes a while, and we were 1 1/2 hours late, ugh! Once we went through customs, our plane was scheduled to leave about 15 minutes later. We begged them to hold the plane for us, and they did. We left our luggage (trusting that they would take care of it), ran to the front of the security line (all sorts of people were thrilled that 30 people were cutting in front of them), and ran to our gate. I cannot even begin to describe to nasty looks that we were getting from the flight crew and the other passengers. IT WASN'T OUR FAULT - that is what I wanted to say, but I just took my seat! Anyway, we made it back to DFW, but none of our luggage came with that flight. We had to wait around for about 1 1/2 hours for our bags to come in on the next flight from Miami. But...we did get our bags! And...we did get home on the day we were supposed to. I guess we had enough of that "getting stuck in Brazil" on our last trip to last a lifetime! For now, I am editing pictures, and I will post in spurts as I get them edited. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers for our trip.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

It was another great trip and I am real glad to be home. I slept good last night and am ready for a bit more sleep.

Hey, next year you need to be the official blogger!

Hollee said...

I just read the comment you made on our blog. Your family is just too sweet. I can't wait for our kids to meet at CDR someday (your kids will probably be our kids counselors). We are at Baylor Grapevine...I'll be praying for your friend. Does she have a blog?

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Bet you are so glad to be home, and Mark and the kids to have you there! And this trip is one more way your kids can see your faith in action. It sounds like you had a good and memorable trip. Y'all take care!