Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Happy Father's Day and Pocahontas

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers in my life!

Mark is the best daddy ever. He is such a better parent than I am. He has such a big heart and is so patient and understanding. Our children just adore him, and I don't think that I could have picked a better man to be the father of my children! So, Happy Father's Day to the best dad in the world. I feel really bad that I will be leaving him on Father's Day for Brazil and Morgan will be going to camp. I guess we will just have to celebrate on Saturday! We really appreciate all he does for us from leading us spiritually to providing for us and taking care of us. He's just the best! Here's a picture of daddy's favorite thing to do - fishing :)


Here is a picture of me and my dad that I love from when I was little. He doesn't have even half of that hair these days (I still have that mop of hair), but he is still a lot of fun. He is a great father too, and I wish him a happy Father's day as well. And, I will get to spend it with him! Him and my mom are coming down to see Haleigh's ballet debut in Pocahontas this weekend. I can't wait to see them and spend some time with them before I set out for Brazil.

Now, to Pocahontas! This week is the week Haleigh has been working so hard for in ballet since January. Haleigh wanted ballet lessons for her birthday, so that is what she got!! She is going to be a rabbit. They had tech rehearsal Tues. night and they will have a full dress rehearsal Thurs. night. Their performances are Friday and Saturday night. Here is a clip from Tech rehearsal on Tues. night (which lasted forever). Haleigh is in the 2nd group of girls to enter the stage. She is in the back with the black leotard and pink skirt. You just kind of have to follow her from there.


I will try to take another clip from dress rehearsal so that you can see her in full costume/makeup. I wish everyone could come and see her. She has worked so hard, and she is doing really well. She really loves it. The whole production is supposed to last 2 hours. So, we are in for a long couple of nights on Thurs., Fri., and Saturday. Hopefully she will still love it after all of this!

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I wish Haleigh the best in her recital. I remember those days with my big/little girl.

Erica said...

aw.....how cute is that pix of mark & Jacob....and who is that groovy dude with the kid on his shoulder!!

oh....and i will make a little scrapbook for haleigh & morgan ...haleigh ballet...morgan camp?